Traveling to Thailand and need to apply for a Thai visa? Where to start, or what are the requirements for US green card holders? No stress! Today I’ll discuss the most important points of the Thai visa for Indians and how you can apply for one.
Is Visa Required For Green Card Holders?: Yes, it depends on your nationality or your passport.
Visa Fees: Single entry tourist visa is USD 40, whereas a multiple entry visa is USD 200.
Visa Validity: Single or multiple entry visa for a stay of a maximum of 60 days.
Visa Processing Times: 3 to 15 working days, based on nationality and documents submitted.
Quickest Way To Apply: Atlys app
Do I Need A Thai Visa?
Lets first answer the most important question, where you would need a visa for Thailand.
Do US Citizens Need A Visa For Thailand?
No. US citizens with a tourist passport and a return ticket don’t need a visa as they fall under the visa exemption. Also, you won’t need a visa if you stay for 30 days.
You can check out the Thailand Tourist Visa for more information.
Do US Green Card Holders Need A Visa For Thailand?
Yes. You need to obtain an e-Visa if your nationality requires a visa to travel to Thailand. In simple terms, it depends on your nationality or the passport you hold.
For instance, Indian nationals with a Green Card will still need to apply for an e-Visa to visit Thailand, while South Africans with a Green Card may enter Thailand without an e-Visa, due to a 30-day visa exemption.
How To Get A Thailand E-Visa For US Greencard Holder Effortlessly?
Need a Thailand eVisa in a hurry? Use Atlys to apply for your visa in a few easy steps.
If you apply for your visa using Atlys, you won’t need to worry about all the nitty-gritty details. Atlys makes the whole visa application process effortless.
You even have access to the visa photo tool on Atlys FOR FREE. You can use the visa photo tool to generate a perfect visa photo for free.
Read on to learn how to apply for a Thai visa for US greencard holders on Atlys!
An Overview Of The Thailand Visa For US Greencard Holder
Here are the burning questions that you might have as you want to visit Thailand. But then, let’s get to it.
What Is The Thailand Visa For US Green Card Holders?
A Thailand Tourist Visa is a stamp or document placed in your passport. It is needed to enter Thailand for tourism. It’s issued by the Thai Embassy or Consulate in the US. Then stamped on your passport upon arrival at the airport in Thailand.
Or you can also apply for a Thailand visa for US green card holders online on Atlys or the eVisa portal. In this case, you will receive your visa approval via email, which must be printed and carried with you to Thailand.
Generally, a Thai tourist visa will allow you to stay in the country for a maximum of 60 days. It can be obtained for single or multiple entries depending on your requirement.
Is There A Thailand Evisa For US Greencard Holder?
Yes. Green card holders can apply for the Thailand evisa through Atlys it is fast and efficient. Or apply through the eVisa portal.
What Are The Thailand Visa Fees For US Green Card Holders?
Their visa fee is dependent on which visa you’re actually applying for. Since you can choose if you want a single entry or multiple entries
- A tourist visa with a single entry is USD 40
- A tourist visa with multiple entries is USD 200
In case you want to apply for the below vias, here are the visa prices for the following:
- Special Tourist Visa is USD 80
- Non-Immigrant visa (all types) single entry is USD 80
- Non-Immigrant visa (all types) multiple entries is USD 200
The visa fee is nonrefundable. Please make sure that all information is correct before submitting. Double-check all information, especially if your device is using auto-fill or auto-correct
What Is The Thailand Visa Processing Time?
The processing time for your visa is around 3 to 15 business days. This depends on your nationality, the visa types, and the documents you have submitted.
If all is in order, you might receive your visa soon. However, in some cases, the processing time can take as long as 1 month. So make sure you apply for your eVisa 3 months in advance.
All visa applications that take more than 15 business days should contact the Embassy for more information.
What Is The Validity Of A Thailand Visa For US Green Card Holder?
The validity of a Thai visa is 3 months or 6 months and allows single or multiple entries depending on the visa type you apply for.
How Long Can I Stay In Thailand?
On each visit, you can stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 60 days during the validity of your visa.
Can I Extend My Thailand Visa?
Yes. you can extend your stay for an additional 30 days by paying a 1,900 baht fee to the Thai Immigration Bureau office. The headquarters of the Thai Immigration Bureau is located at:
Government Center Chaengwattana Building B, No. 120, Moo 3, Chaengwattana Road, Tungsonghong Sub-District, Laksi District, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889
You can get more information on the Immigration Bureau - Royal Thail Police website.
What Are The Thailand Visa Requirements For US Green card Holders?
So before you head over to start the visa application, you need to check if you meet the requirements and gather the necessary documents.
- A valid passport or travel document. It should be valid for 6 months after the travel date you plan to leave Thailand.
- A Thailand e-Visa Declaration Form. This is a standard form you’ll usually find at the end of a visa application, wherein you state that all of the information provided is true and correct.
You’ll need additional documents such as:
- Proof of accommodation in Thailand. Your hotel booking is used as proof that you have a place to stay in Thailand.
- A confirmed return ticket exiting Thailand within 15 days. Open tickets don't qualify. Traveling overland by train, bus, etc., to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc., is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.
- Proof of Financial Sufficiency while in Thailand A Bank statement showing an available total of USD 600 will be enough for a single traveler or $1200 for a family. (20000 Baht & 40000 Baht, respectively).
- Upon arrival, please present a certificate of vaccination or RT-PCR / Professional ATK COVID-19 test result issued within 72 hours before departure.
You can use Atlys to apply for your visa and save the hassle of gathering documents.
How To Apply For A Thailand Visa?
Finally, you can now start your Thailand visa application; here is how:
How To Apply For A Thai Visa For US Green card Holders Using Atlys?
If you're a US green card holder planning a trip to Thailand, you may need a visa to enter the country. Fortunately, Atlys makes it easy to apply for your Thai visa hassle-free. Here's how:
- Start by downloading the Atlys app or visiting our website. It's free and easy to use.
- Select Thailand as your destination country and choose the type of visa you need.
- Time to show us your passport and visa photo. Use your phone to scan a copy of both - it's quick and easy.
- Enter your personal information, including your US green card details and travel itinerary. This information is essential to the Thai embassy in assessing your application.
- Double-check your application for accuracy. Make sure your name, passport details, and travel itinerary are all correct.
- Pay the application fee with your preferred payment method. Atlys makes it easy to pay with a credit card or mobile wallet.
- Finally, submit your application and sit back while we process it. We'll keep you updated every step of the way and let you know when your visa is ready for pickup.
With Atlys, applying for a Thai visa is a breeze. Don't let the visa process hold you back from experiencing all that Thailand has to offer. Download the Atlys app or visit our website today and let's get started on your Thai adventure!
How To Apply For Thailand Evisa Online?
The Tourist Visa for Thailand application is easy as you can start your online application and complete it in no time. No need for you to go to n embassy or Consulate.
- Step 1 Visit The eVisa Website:
First, visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand e-Visa Official Website. Here, you’ll have to create an account.
Fill in the application form with your information, such as your name, surname, nationality, telephone number, email, and password for your account. Then you’ll be able to continue with your Thailand e-visa application process after you follow the link.
After completing my account registration, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link.
Then you’ll be able to continue with your Thailand e-visa application after you follow the link.
- Step 2 Check Your Eligibility:
On the Thailand visa application system, you must check if you’re eligible to apply for a Thailand Visa. You must fill in your passport type, current location, and Consulate to process your visa application.
In the same section, you’ll need to indicate the purpose of your trip.
You can choose if you want a single entry visa or a multiple entry visa (MEV) if you travel to Thailand frequently. Remember, you need sufficient proof that you travel to Thailand frequently when applying for the MEV.
- Step 3 Upload A Passport Photo and Yourself:
You must upload a copy of your passport and a recent photo of yourself.
- Step 4 Fill Your Stay Details In Thailand:
In this section, you must enter information such as your arrival date, departure, and port of entry.
You can scan your documents and upload them directly to your application.
- Step 6 Submit Your Application:
You still need to submit your visa application and pay the visa fee.
You must select your complete application by ticking the checkbox to submit your visa application.
- Step 7 Pay Your Visa fee:
The step to pay the Thailand visa application fee. You can do this by clicking the “Proceed to payment“ button. Then, follow the prompts and pay the visa fee.
After making a successful payment, you should receive an email confirming that you have submitted your visa application form. I highly recommend using Atlys, as making payments on the Thai government portal can be tiresome.
- Step 8 Wait For Your Visa To Be Processed:
All you have to do is wait for your visa to be processed. The processing time for your Thailand Visa is around 15 business days.
- Step 9 Download Your Visa:
After your visa has been approved, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Then you can download it for when you go to Thailand.
How To Check Thailand Visa Status?
Checking your Thailand visa is simple; you’ll only do the following:
Then just like that, you're done.
Unlocking The Gateway To Thailand
Now that you know how to apply for your Thailand Tourist Visa!
Make sure you follow my exact steps and tips, and you'll have your visa in no time. The final step is to make some unforgettable memories in Thailand!
Government Trusted Resources
At Atlys, we believe in providing our readers with only the most reliable and accurate information - that's why we exclusively use government-trusted resources to research our Thailand visa blog.